Thursday 9 June 2011

Swedish Ramblings

I moved to Sweden like a month ago as an intern to work for a Media company, It's going pretty well so far, I got my own computer, phone line and a nice comfortable chair which goes up and down. My work colleagues are nice and my boss is cool, he is even lending me his pretty colored bike.

The Swedes were kinda in a bad mood last week as they lost in the ice hockey world champs to the folks next door in Finland, and the Finns were totally overwhelmed, getting naked and dancing in the middle of the road were just some of the methods used to demonstrate the joy and happiness of victory. But last night, the tables turned as there was another duel between the two; A football match and it ended in Finland getting their arse kicked 5-0 ! Well to be honest i don't really give a flying fuck about either of the two sporting pastimes, I would like to describe myself as a Chess and darts man!

One other interesting point i like to mention on the topic of Sweden is 'Snus'. it's weird as Hell, its basically snuff (sniffing tobacco), It is consumed by placing it under the top lip for extended periods of time. It's kinda used in a similar manner to tobacco that cowboys used in the old west, But typically does not result in the need for spitting every five fucking minutes. The horrible, weird and smelly stuff is apparently illegal in the European Union. I can understand why.


1 comment:

  1. "Well to be honest i don't really give a flying fuck about either of the two sporting pastimes, I' m all about Chess and darts me !"

    Although judging by Your mastery, one could easily be persuaded to believe that You've actually spent a lot more time in the ice rink rather than sitting behind the chess table...winkwink
    -padwa

    ReplyDelete