Sunday 4 September 2011

Ramblings.....

This blog and my ramblings could easily go on for a long time, maybe because I like talking, I could just go writing for a long period of time, long as I like, longer than Robert Wadlow's Walking stick. And if you don't know who he is, He was the tallest man in the world. Robert reached a staggering height of 8 Foot 11 Inches ( 272 cm ) Now thats a tall chap by any standard. He was 5 Foot 4 inches ( 162 cm ) at the age of Four..... Yes age Four !
Imagine how big his shoes were ? No, imagine how big the fuckin' coffin was ! And how the hell did they carry that to the funeral ? I don't know why I am rambling on about Robert, Well I admit it am fan, I always have been a fan of things that are either really large or really small. Well not everything of course, I mean AIDS is pretty big and I am certainly not a fan of that. Just other fairly normal stuff like Big chocolate bars, cute puppies, space ships, midgets, sumo wrestlers ,Yoda, you get the idea.

But whilst we are on the subject of Tall people, I 'd like to mention Peter Mayhew, He's the guy who played Chewbacca in Star Wars, You know the Wookie who hangs out with Han Solo. How is it possible that Han understands Chewy ? I mean Chewy don't even speak English. Everyone else in the universe speaks English, ' Come on Chewy, make an effort '
Peter was a pretty tall fella too, he had nothing on Robert Wadlow but he did reach a height of 7 Foot 3 inches ( 222 cm ) and to think that Peter was only cast as the part purely on the basis of his height which doesn't leave much to say about the level of his acting skills, after all, George Lucas did state that "all you need to do Pete is stand up". Thats about it for Peter's acting career, I am not putting the guy down or anything like that but he did n't really do much else, he starred in a Sinbad the Sailor movie, had a small part in a horror movie which nobody has ever heard of and had a part in an American TV show called identity where he played the role of himself.

And just one last thing about Star Wars that concerns me, Right at the end of the film when there's the ceremony to celebrate the defeat of the empire and medals are given out for peoples bravery, Chewy here gets nothing, Whats up with that ?  Thats just mean, No wonder he gets in a bad mood and pulls people's arms off from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment